Saturday, October 31, 2009

Season for change?

Finally the heatiness from the inbalance of too much "yang" food from the holiday is starting to balance out as the large ulcer on my lip is getting smaller. Strange it took almost the same amount of time to recover from the holiday. Glad I had a chance to catch up with a friend yesterday after a year of not seeing her. The time apart seems to make our friendship more precious. Most things have a season and the question is whether it is time to build more friendships. Her take on it is to remain open and take things as they come. I guess I could be more proactive instead of waiting for things to happen.

Barney's seems to test every boundary we set. Every "no" seems to egg him to see if we mean what we say. The "sweet" reward only worked once after which he throws all toys on the floor and refuses to pick them up. The "mummy's going to get mad" worked twice then he counters it with right "kong kong" will deal with the naughtiness. My friend tells me I cannot use the get mad idea any more. I just hope the throwing things on the floor will only be for a season.

So the impetus to be better at playing the piano, conducting the choir, disciplining my baby, teaching kids, having another child seems to remain unchanged. When I check with Jesus, he smiles and says "do them with love".

No comments:

Post a Comment